The lifetime of the existing bearing unit used for transporting the poultry carcasses is shortened by the highly corrosive environment and washdown high loads.
The existing sealing design of the bearing unit are not effective and results in the maximum bearing lifetime not being reached.
Downtime costs and frequent bearing replacement means high costs and a short bearing lifetime.
The grease used in the application must be food compatible and compliant with food industry standards.
- An integrated special double sealing design was produced.
- Special seal material, resistant to the corrosive environment was selected.
- Internal bearing geometry was optimised to provide the highest load capacity without changing the external bearing dimensions.
- Fitting of the double sealing arrangement, including a “flinger” design prevented any ingress of corrosive substances to the bearing grease.
- The proven special seal material offered maximum lifetime.
- The high loads needed to support the dynamic application was matched by the use of an optimised ball and raceway design.
- Food compatible grease, and the correct volume for the application speed and load was delivered.
- Maximum lifetime bearing design means less downtime and lost production with connected higher costs.
- A significant reduction in maintenance costs because of the less frequent replacement of the bearing units.
- Any risk of grease loss from the bearing onto the poultry is minimized, and due to food compatibility, contaminations risks are small.