|Application for textile industry||Case MS3 N°4|
Pulley for stretching synthetic fibres
- The customer, during the development phase for a new generation of machines, contacted JESA with a view to replacing an old system (pressure rollers).
- The application calls for minimum rotational torque.
- The contact surface between the thread and the pulley must be extremely resilient and adapted to contact with synthetic fibres.
- JESA’s research and tests were carried out on a specific high-quality surface treatment.
- Downsizing of the internal construction enabled friction, and therefore torque, to be reduced.
- JESA designed a compact and complete system, comprising more than 10 elements in order to meet the customer's requirements.
- Shields and seals were developed to enable the system to be relubricated while guaranteeing that the watertightness of the bearing was maintained.
- A metal/plastic combination was adopted to prevent the external sleeve becoming distorted in relation to the thin layer of the wall.
- Thanks to JESA and the precision of its bearings, the client can expect increased rotation speed.
- The personalized design conceived by JESA enabled a system to be created that is interchangeable and capable of being used on several models in the customer's range of machinery.