|Application for the automotive industry||Case MS1 N°2|
Locking mechanism for cabriolets
- The existing product, consisting of standard bearings, had problems with overload and corrosion.
- The cost price was high due to the number of components coming from different sources.
- JESA’s experience in ball bearing technology,
- judicious choice of materials,
- optimization of lubrication and geometry.
represent indisputable progress.
- JESA designed a full complement bearing with 4 points of contact combining an insoluble lubricant and stainless steel components.
- The JESA solution integrates a ball race directly in the threaded shaft itself and a nut made from injected plastic, containing a lubricating additive, PTFE.
- A new, optimized and reliable mechanism allowing increased axial loads, reduced friction and a threefold increase in lifetime compared to the original arrangement.
- The customer has a mechanism from a single supplier, enabling it to reduce its internal logistics and its costs