- The large amount of axial play and the friction in the linear system caused problems with dazzling and other malfunctions.
- The system was found to be unreliable as a result of the rigorous operating conditions.
The customer is now able to develop its market thanks to
- JESA’s experience in ball bearing technology,
- judicious choice of materials,
- optimization of lubrication and geometry.
- Working with the customer, JESA developed an actuator with integrated ball bearing, containing an optimum combination of plastic and metallic elements.
- The JESA solution consists of the internal assembly of an optimized ball bearing and a special grease, thus reducing frictional torque and axial play.
- JESA has patented a specially designed groove to ensure the centring of the bearing and of the over-injected part.
- A mechanism specially developed for this type of application, ensuring minimum axial play and low friction across the entire temperature range
- The customer now has a mechanism from a single supplier, thereby reducing its internal logistics, its installation costs and its procurement administration.
- JESA produces over 6 million units of this mechanism per year on a completely automated line, guaranteeing quality, reliability and rapid delivery.