- A large blue chip manufacturer of critical components for the automotive industry became aware of a problem with an important new system for a vehicle during the test phase with a German manufacturer.
- The bearings required did not suit the application requirements causing noise and vibration at certain operational frequencies, this was unacceptable to the German end customer.
- Qualification tests had failed and Jesa had to react, and quickly.
- The automotive sub system manufacturer urgently needed a “Plan B” in order not to lose the project against competition and turned to JESA for it’s known responsiveness and flexibility.
- Jesa designed and offered 10 prototypes special bearings according to the requirements and specifications of the customer.
- This proposal for customised and optimised bearings was completed in record time and the bearings will be delivered in 20 days.
- Manufacturing of prototypes met all aspects of metrology and process ISO TS 16949:2009
- In the end Jesa managed to finish the prototypes and complete the automotive paperwork in 16 days, 4 less than expected.
- Jesa’s flexible prototype process from design to production provided exactly what the customer wanted.
- Jesa produced prototypes in record time with a united team and in close collaboration with the customer.
- Jesa’s stable process operated smoothly even within the high expectations demand in the automotive field and when deadlines are extremely short.
- A renewed opportunity to win the project.
- A flexible and responsive image to their German car manufacturing customer.
- Creditable speed and performance for the world of custom ball bearings.
- Convincing evidence that every problem has a (spinning) solution.